Thursday, December 31, 2009

Introduction

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law

Here we go, day one. I guess and introduction would be a good idea!
My name is Donn. I have had an interest in the occult since I was 12 years old (currently I'm 32 years old). In my younger days I studied the occult and magickal systems like a fanatic! Of course I did more reading than practicing. This lasted until I was about 23 years old. My life took a dramatic turn...I became a father! With this new responsibility came the crushing truth about the mundane world. I began to focus on my career and providing for my family became my new obsession. I threw my self into my job. What is my job you may wonder? Well I'm an Optician. I make, sell, fit and dispense prescription eyewear. Exciting huh? I become obsessed with the science of lenses and optics. Through my optical career I have made many accomplishments. I've published over 50 articles and reached high levels of certification. My occult interest became less and less of a focus. I did feel that my children should grow up in a spiritual house hold. My fiance at the time did not share my spiritual interests. We wanted nothing to do with Christianity so we settled on Judaism.

I spent the next few years meeting with Rabbi's attending temple on friday nights (when I could). After a while my fiance gave up on the idea but I was still committed. Well the years dragged on and of course the required classes needed for conversion were on days that I worked. I seemed to be spinning my wheels and going no where fast! Soon I gave up on the idea as well.

The pressure of my daily life was getting to me. I stress of writing and other projects were beginning to wear on me. I needed a break. I needed a hobby. One day I caught an episode of Ghost Hunters on the SciFi channel. I thought "hey I can do that! It looks like fun!". I thought that I would be able to bring some of my scientific knowledge to the field. Within a few days I created the DuPage Paranormal Society. It was rough work and nothing like what you see on t.v.! Of course some of the topics moved toward the occult and religion. I figured that I'd dust off some of my old occult books and replace some of the ones I had sold. I figured if something occult related came up during an investigation I'd be the go to guy.

Many months later my sister convinced me to attend a meditation group at the Theosophical Society. I was hesitant but decided to go. It was my first real meditation and it was amazing! I came home and began to review what it was I had learned about the occult years ago. I came to realize the importance of the basic skills i.e. meditation and visualization. It opened my eyes to the role magick plays in personal transformation! But did I go any further with it? Nope. I slid right back into my old routine.

Then about six months ago my world crashed around me. My fiance left me the same day I was told that my job may need to let me go. Fortunately I did not loose my job but was knocked down to part time. It was either that or get let go. During this same time my grandfather died, I almost got evicted, almost lost my car only later to have it break down on me. I was a financial and emotional wreck. I stopped taking care of myself (not that I really took care of myself to begin with) I stopped caring about my home I just died inside. I hated the world! I wanted revenge! I wanted control of my life! I wanted to curse everybody!

With the help of some medication, family and a great group of friends I began to pull my life together. I got a new job and began to get my financial life under control. I began to look more and more to my occult past. I was looking at it with fresh and more mature eyes. I began to notice things that I had never noticed before! It began to make sense!! I wanted to start where I left off many years ago but I needed a good nudge. I reordered a book that I had loved. It was Lon Milo DuQuette's MY LIFE WITH THE SPIRITS. His honest approach was refreshing and motivating. It was just the nudge I needed.

So why post your magickal diary on the internet for all to see? shouldn't it be private?
In my case I want to share my journey with total honesty. I think that there are many people who can relate. I hope that by having even a few people following that it will motivate me further.

Well now that you know my motivation I guess I should get started with my entries.

Love is the law, love under will.

No comments:

Post a Comment